This is my first entry. I used to blog often many years ago. But as I had kids and some really tough times in my life...and was without a computer.... I stopped. But I am back and ready to rock this!!
I have begun such an AMAZING journey. I had been following this page for a year called Forward Fitness. I'm not even sure how I came across this page. I'm pretty sure that one or some of my friends had shared quotes and what not from this page and I LOVED what I was seeing.
I have begun such an AMAZING journey. I had been following this page for a year called Forward Fitness. I'm not even sure how I came across this page. I'm pretty sure that one or some of my friends had shared quotes and what not from this page and I LOVED what I was seeing.
At some point I was contacted by Brigitte Linford (or maybe I contacted her, I honestly can't remember...)
Her story hit home with me. She battled with depression for most of her life. To the point that she'd become suicidal. She was on medications. At one point she ended up checking herself into a mental hospital.
Anyway-
I really connected with her. And as I learned more about what she did (she is the founder of Forward Fitness by the way), and what she was about, I knew that I wanted to become a part of it.
I really connected with her. And as I learned more about what she did (she is the founder of Forward Fitness by the way), and what she was about, I knew that I wanted to become a part of it.
I didn't know how I was going to do such a thing though. I am the financial provider for my family. My significant other has an auto-immune disease that has significantly impacted his life. During that time, I wasn't making enough to pay our bills, let alone put money to ANYTHING additional.
So, time went on. Brigitte kept in contact with me. Answered questions, offered advice, suggestions, etc.
This year, around March or so, I had a light bulb click on in my head. My Dad had always told my sister and me that if we wanted to go to school, he'd do what he could to help us. Well, I really had no interest in going to school again. At all. BUT, I'd found this thing that I wanted to do. I wanted to be a health and fitness coach. I wanted to join Brigitte and have her as my coach/mentor.
SO... I had a proposition for my Dad. I was going to ask him if he'd support me in getting a coaching business up and going. I brought it up to him, he was apprehensive. And rightly so! I was kind of infamous for starting and stopping things in my life. He told me he wanted to see some kind of commitment from me. So, I began eating better. I began doing things like the random push ups and sit ups. I was picking small things and doing them consistently.
So, a few weeks later, I went back to him. STILL passionate and determined to be a coach.
He did it. He got me started!! I will be forever grateful for this. My parents have been a ROCK for me. And not everyone has that. He made it possible for me to become a coach. For me to get my body rocking on Shakeology. And for my home fitness workout program (I went with P90X3. AMAZING by the way).
I was OFFICIALLY a coach beginning May 20th, 2014!!! I couldn't believe it!! I was so out of shape and did NOT feel worthy of being a coach. BUT, I KNEW that this is what I want to do. THIS was my CALLING.
And, here I am!! I'm a month in with drinking Shakeology (officially a month today, actually!), I'm on my second round of the Block 1 workout with P90X3. I'm also participating in a 21 day challenge group!! The Challenge Group has helped to hold me accountable, to keep me on track (mostly) with healthy eating, and to overall just be a great support system.
Guess what else? My Dad was my first Shakeology Customer. AND, over the weekend, he bought a laptop so that I can run my business efficiently. How freaking awesome is that?!
So, here I am!! I decided to take life on. I decided to take my life back. And I am SO freakin STOKED to be doing what I'm doing.
Thanks for tuning in!! Stay tuned!! There will be LOTS more to come. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment