I don't know how this is for other people, but I STRUGGLE sometimes! Crazy, right?! Yeah... Well, as I stated in my original blog, I become a coach the same time I began my own personal journey. I'm working on my own health and fitness. And sometimes, I have a really hard time giving myself credit for how far I've come! So many of us are all about the instant gratification. We want to feel good, look good, be good, RIGHT NOW.
Truth is, you have to WORK for things in life. Unless you're the rare freak of nature that can pick up any instrument and play like you've been doing it your whole life. But let's face it... That is rare! Right?
Just because I've begun eating better and working out doesn't mean I'm going to have the body I've been striving for over night. I get to WORK MY BUTT OFF for it. See how I said I GET to? That is KEY. Using the word GET takes out the HAVE to. No one likes HAVE to. Or SUPPOSED to. You GET to. :)
Anyway-
We went up the canyon yesterday with family. LOTS of fun. I love how much my family has been able to overcome and heal the past so that we can be close like we are today.
I love my family
When looking at these pictures, I found myself being pretty harsh about how I look. I was having feelings and thoughts that are SO toxic!! I reached out for support from my challenge group that I'm currently a part of. They reminded me to look at what I've been doing, how far I have come, and to stop beating myself up.
This is SO important! Men and women both are SO critical of their appearances. I can't speak on behalf of men, because I'm not one. ;)
But I feel like I can speak on behalf of many women. STOP BEING SO HARD ON YOURSELF! If you are feeling unhappy with how you are feeling, the weight that you've put on (or the weight you can't seem to put on), then look at what you can do to help yourself FEEL amazing. And in the meantime, stop beating yourself up!
Rather then picking apart the things that you DON'T like, focus on what you DO like. Begin to fall in love with yourself. IT'S OKAY to do that ya know.
Remember your dream through the struggle. You will begin to find strength you didn't know you had. A strength that will keep you going when times get tough.
You are capable of SO much!! Stop holding back. GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY!! Do the things that you've been saying you can't do. BECAUSE I BET YOU THAT YOU CAN.
Love yourself through the journey. Always.
-c


Thanks for writing this! I really needed it today.
ReplyDeleteNo problem Tiffany! I'm glad it helped you in some way.
ReplyDelete