Sunday, October 12, 2014

Words...and their significant insignificance.

I just spent too many minutes trying to find the perfect picture to go with this post. But... There is no point.

Several months ago, when I was about a month into working out, reading my personal development, and really starting to make some forward movement, someone said something that TOTALLY tore me down.... and I have yet to get back up.

Guess what? I ALLOWED that persons words to tear me down. They were mean. They hurt. And I let the words win.

I allowed these words to tear me down maybe lower than I was before. I totally reverted back to the 'old me'. WHY? How could I possibly allow someones words tear me down into to dirt? WHY would I allow this person to bring me down to where they were?

Words, positive or negative, have such a STRONG impact. And it take a strong person to not take those words to heart.

I let these words win. I let those words take control and win.

From this moment on, as scary as it feels and as reluctant as I am, I vow to not let anyone's words tear me down.

I want what I want. And the bottom line of it is that I want to be truly happy, healthy, strong (physically/mentally). I want confidence. I. Want. To. Be. HAPPY.

And no ones words get to bring me down.

The bottom line? I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY.

Words from others, through they may seem/feel significant...and insignificant when you believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment